Boxing Odds, Olympic Boxing Tokyo Lines | 2021 Boxing Betting
Featured 2021 Boxing Lines
Boxing Betting, Vegas Boxing Odds
|Also known as||Western Boxing, Pugilism|
|Country of origin||Prehistoric|
|Parenthood||Bare-knuckle boxing | See BKFC|
|Olympic sport||688 BC (Ancient Greece) | 1904 (modern)|
2020 Tokyo Olympics: Boxing Betting Guide & Analysis
A couple of years ago, rumors swirled that the Olympics might end boxing competitions. To use a word from the software industry, boxing had become a legacy sport. But a massive outcry, and the rise in women’s boxing, has made boxing popular again. Anybody wishing to score dollars on Olympic boxing must understand how fighting for medals is different than boxing for title belts. We start our Olympic boxing primer with that in mind before talking about the boxers at the 2020 Tokyo Games who should stand on the podium. Let’s jump right into action so you can bet against their Olympics Boxing odds.
2020 Tokyo Olympics – Boxing Odds – How to bet and win2020 Olympic Games
- When: Friday, July 23 – Monday, August 9
- Where: Tokyo, Japan
Understand that amateur, Olympic Boxing, is different than pro boxing
Knowing the difference between Olympic Boxing and pro boxing is most important. Pro boxing happens from 4 rounds to 12 rounds. Championship bouts never happen at less than 8 rounds on the women’s side.
Championship pro boxing matches never happen at less than 12 rounds on the men’s side. Pro boxers take their time in the early rounds because they want to save something in the tank for the later rounds.
In Olympic Boxing, each round lasts for 2 minutes and there are 4 rounds in each bout. The goal for the Olympic boxer is volume. They don’t try to set up opponents for a technical knockout or knockout victory.
Since there are only 4 rounds and each round is 2 minutes long, Olympic boxers go right at each other and throw as many punches as possible to score points.
Experience matters, but it may not matter as much as you think
Experienced boxers have an edge in an Olympic match, but experience doesn’t matter as much at the amateur level as it does at the pro level. Amateurs can learn the Olympic game much quicker than the pro game.
Also, the nature of Olympic Boxing makes a fast and furious sport. Again, think volume. So if a boxer doesn’t have much experience but has quicker hands than their opponent and has shown the ability to throw a massive volume of punches, that boxer might be worth a look.
Look for under the radar boxers and, as always, back overlays before underlays
Also consider under the radar boxers as opposed to fighters that have gotten the most press. Top pros like Michael Conlan and Roy Jones Jr. have lost out on winning the gold medal.
Mike Tyson didn’t even make the Olympic team. Oscar De La Hoya won a gold medal, but he wasn’t favored in his weight class. Upsets happen all the time in Olympic boxing.
Boxing handicap advice
Start handicapping boxing matches by concentrating on fighters from two nations and one geographical area.
Fighters from the Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and other countries that made up the former U.S.S.R have dominated the medal count in recent years. Some of those fighters, like Vasiliy Lomachenko and Dimitry Bivol, have become pro champions.
Boxers from the United States have performed well in recent Olympics and World Championship competitions. So have boxers from Cuba.
Start there. If the boxer you prefer is at an underlay number, though, consider backing the chalk’s opponent. Underlay and overlay betting rules apply no matter the matchup.
Olympics Betting News
Boxing Recent Title Fight Event History, Boxing News & Betting Odds
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics: Boxing Betting Guide & AnalysisA couple of years ago, rumors swirled that the Olympics might end boxing competitions. To use a word from the software industry, boxing had become a legacy sport. But a massive outcry, and the rise in women’s boxing, has made boxing popular again. Anybody wishing to score dollars on Olympic boxing must understand how fighting for medals is different than Read More
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Boxing Betting Update: Is It a Celebrity Match?With about a month before the big bout, neither Jake Paul nor Tyron Woodley have let up. Both are training as hard as possible to prove they can beat the other man. Paul and Woodley are also continuing their social media battle. But even though Jake Paul is a YouTube celebrity, is his boxing match against Tyron Woodley a celebrity Read More
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Castano vs Charlo Highlights Saturday ActionSaturday isn’t a massive day in boxing, but there are plenty of interesting matchups. The headliner pits Jermell Charlo against Brian Castano in a championship bout. Anthony Yigit versus Rolando Romero is another match that should grab boxing handicappers’ attention. Check out Boxing odds, analysis, and free picks for the top boxing matches on Saturday, July 17. Top Boxing Matches Read More
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Betting Update: Will The Celebrity Boxing Trend Continue?At 3-0, most consider Jake Paul a celebrity boxer. That could change on August 28. On that day, Paul takes on Tyron Woodley. If JP can get past Woodley, a former UFC Champion with excellent striking skills, he’d be ready to fight a professional boxer in his next bout. Check out more information on the celebrity boxing trend along with Read More
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: WBC Interim World Lightweight Highlight BoutA couple of fights on Friday and three bouts on Saturday highlight what should be an entertaining two days of boxing action. The fights on Friday include a WBC Interim World Lightweight bout between Javier Fortuna and Joseph Diaz. Check out information and a pick for that bout as well as four other terrific matches happening this weekend so yo Read More
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Betting Update: Odds Are EvenA couple of fighters who know how to promote a bout, former UFC champion Tyron Woodley and YouTube sensation turned pugilist Jake Paul, step into the ring to fight each other on August 28. Although the bout is some time from now, we’ve already seen a major odds shift. Not only that, but Woodley and Paul have ratcheted up the Read More
- Boxing Betting News Update: Davis and Loma DominateJuly 4th Weekend is a slow one on the boxing front. In fact, MyBookie has odds for just a few boxing matches. So instead of writing about and picking winners in those matches, we’ll talk about what’s going on in the sport. Check out the latest in our Boxing betting update. 2021 Boxing Betting Update | July 2nd Edition Gervonta Read More
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios Headline BoutThree of the most intriguing boxers in the sport are in action on Saturday. Vasyl Lomachenko steps back into the ring for the first time since last September’s upset loss to Teofimo Lopez. Jeison Rosario takes on Erickson Lubin an underdog and Gervonta Davis steps through the ropes a big favorite to beat Mario Barrios. Check out odds, analysis, and Read More
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On: Jermall Charlo and Nayoa Inoue Highlight The Weekend BoutsTwo of the best in boxing, Jermall Charlo and Nayoa Inoue, step into the ring on Saturday night in separate bouts against massive underdogs. Check out analysis and Boxing odds for Charlo’s and Inoue’s bouts as well as five other terrific fights on Saturday, June 19. Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend June 18th Edition Boxing Events in Read More
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Caleno Vs Saunders Highlight Bout
- Top 2021 Boxing Lines to Bet On From May 1st
- Top 2021 Boxing Lines to Bet On From Apr. 23rd to Apr. 24th
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: Paul Emerges As the Boxing Odds Favorite
- Top Boxing Lines to Bet On The Weekend Apr. 16 Edition
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: 5 Things Ben Must Do to Win It All
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: WBO Light Heavy Title Bout
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: 5 Things Jake Must Do to Win
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend Apr. 2nd Edition
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: Analysis of Askren’s Fighting Style
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend Mar. 26th Edition
- Boxing Betting News: Mike Tyson’s Potential Next Opponent
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend Mar. 19th Edition
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: Rundown on Ben’s MMA Career
- Boxing Lines: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Logan Paul Fight Update
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend Mar. 12th Edition
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren Fight Update – Boxing Lines
- Boxing News Update: Logan Paul Vs Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Boxing Betting Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Online Casino
Boxing Odds | 2021 Current Boxing Betting Lines
Boxing Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest Boxing & MMA Reviews
Mybookie Ag is an amazing website. The ease of use for betting, is second to none. The payout methods they utilize, are fast and efficient. You always get your money within three days. Overall 5 out of 5 stars.
Been using the site for guessing about a year now and so far impressed…usually quick response time to any questions and quick payouts…makes NFL games, fights more interesting
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.