Fresno State Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
fresno state Schedule
fresno state Standings
fresno state Injuries
Most recent posts
Fresno State Bulldogs Odds
2021 Fresno State Bulldogs Headlines, Best Lines
|University||California State University, Fresno|
|Conference||Mountain West Conference|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Football Stadium||Bulldog Stadium|
|Mascot||Time Out / Victor E.|
Colorado State at Fresno State | 2020 NCAA Expert Analysis
The second game of the Thursday college football doubleheader this week is from the recently-returned Mountain West Conference – this year without divisions – as Colorado State visits Fresno State on national TV.
How to Bet Colorado State at Fresno State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Thursday, 10 PM ET
- Where: Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, Calif.
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Stream: CBS Sports app
- Opening NCAAF Lines: Colorado State -1.5 (total 59)
Last year, Colorado State won at Fresno State 41-31. Logan Stewart made an interception to set up Warren Jackson’s go-ahead touchdown with 3:29 left and Colorado State held on. Stewart intercepted Jorge Reyna’s pass and returned it 25 yards to the Fresno State 13 with just more than four minutes left in the game. On the second play of the ensuing drive, Jackson caught Patrick O’Brien’s pass on a fade route for an 11-yard touchdown that made it 38-31 for the Rams. The Bulldogs turned it over on downs on their next possession and Max Poduska iced it with a 25-yard field goal with 48 seconds left.
Fresno State and Colorado State are set to meet for the 16th time on Thursday in this one and CSU leads 10-5. Colorado State owns the advantage in Mountain West play, 3-1. The Bulldogs’ last win against the Rams came on Oct. 6, 2012 when Derek Carr was quarterback.
Why Bet on Colorado State? | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisColorado State’s original season open vs. New Mexico, set for Oct. 24, was canceled, making the Fresno State game the opener. With an Oct. 29 start, it marks the latest start for a first-year head coach in program history and the second-latest season opener in school history with the latest occurring during the last worldwide pandemic, Nov. 16, 1918. A seven-game regular season marks the fewest games Colorado State will have scheduled since 1942.
The new head coach is Steve Addazio. He begins his 10th year as an FBS head coach in 2020 with the Rams after seven seasons at Boston College (2013-19) and two seasons at Temple (2011-12). Addazio is only the second Colorado State head coach to have won a bowl game as a head coach with another school. Only Earle Bruce had won a bowl game prior to coaching at CSU.
Colorado State returns 69-percent of its overall team production from 2019. That mark ranks No. 45 nationally and is tied with Nevada for the most returning production in the Mountain West. Colorado State brought in a number of FBS transfers in the offseason, many of whom are expected to play key roles during the 2020 campaign including: QB Todd Centeio (Temple), TE Brian Polendy (Miami), OL Elijah Johnson (Boston College), OL Cam Reddy (Boston College), OL Adam Kortuz (Boston College), and DL Scott Patchan (Miami).
Senior punter Ryan Stonehouse enters the 2020 campaign with the NCAA’s career punt average record at 47.0. Colorado State’s defensive efforts the final seven games of 2019 set a historic mark. Over the final seven games, all against FBS opponents, the Rams held opposing offenses to fewer than 400 yards of total offense. It was the longest such stretch since the 1995 squad held eight consecutive opponents under 400 yards.
Why Bet on Fresno State? | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisFresno did play its season opener last week and lost 34-19 at home to Hawaii. The Rainbow Warriors took advantage of four Bulldog turnovers with an offense that had 552 yards. FSU registered 409 yards, but turnovers and drives cut short in the red zone that resulted in three points instead of six points was too much to overcome.
In his first start for Fresno State, quarterback Jake Haener passed for 289 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions while running back Ronnie Rivers led the Bulldogs’ offense with 124 all-purpose yards. Rivers is one touchdown shy of 30 career rushing TDs. He is currently tied T-4th all-time in that category and would move to solo fourth with a score on Thursday. Rivers currently owns a streak of nine-straight games scoring at least once, whether it be rushing or receiving.
The loss snapped Fresno State’s three-game win streak against Hawaii. The Bulldogs have won eight of their last 10 games against the Warriors. There were 18 players that made their playing debut for FSU, and six were true freshmen. Fresno State started nine different players on defense in its 2020 opener versus its 2019 season opening starting lineup.
It was the Fresno State coaching debut of Kalan DeBoer. DeBoer served as Fresno State’s offensive coordinator in 2017 and 2018 under head coach Jeff Tedford, who stepped down after last season. DeBoer spent 2019 as the offensive coordinator for the Indiana Hoosiers, who boasted the No. 2 offense in the Big Ten, averaging 443.6 yards per game. DeBoer was once a head coach before, at NAIA Sioux Falls. He spent 10 seasons there (2000-09), the first five as the offensive coordinator before taking over in 2005 as head coach.
The last time the Bulldogs hosted a Thursday night game was Nov. 5, 2015 versus Nevada. Thursday’s meeting will pit two of the six first-year head coaches in the Mountain West against one another. Fresno State will face three-straight first-year coaches to open the season (Hawai’i, Colorado State, UNLV).
- Rams are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
- Rams are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Rams are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 Thursday games.
- Bulldogs are 19-6-1 ATS in their last 26 games as an underdog.
- Bulldogs are 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 games in October.
- Bulldogs are 9-1-1 ATS in their last 11 games as a home underdog.
College Football Betting News
- Posts not found
Fresno State Bulldogs Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Fresno State Bulldogs Game Odds, Bulldogs Live Odds, This Weeks Fresno State Bulldogs team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Fresno State team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Bulldogs Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, Fresno State NCAA Football News & other info on the Fresno State Bulldogs. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Fresno State Bulldogs Today!
- Colorado State at Fresno State | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisThe second game of the Thursday college football doubleheader this week is from the recently-returned Mountain West Conference – this year without divisions – as Colorado State visits Fresno State on national TV. How to Bet Colorado State at Fresno State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info When: Thursday, 10 PM ET Where: Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, Calif. TV: CBS Sports Read More
- Fresno State vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Game PreviewThe San Diego State Aztecs hope to take their record to 8-2 when they host Mountain West Conference rival Fresno State on Friday, Nov. 15. San Diego State has played like the best team in the conference. Will the good times continue? Keep reading for the latest College Football odds, a preview and a free pick for Fresno State vs Read More
- Arkansas State vs Nevada 2018 Arizona Bowl Lines & Game PreviewSometimes teams enter a bowl game not wanting to be there. College football squads that had higher hopes for the season take no pleasure in playing in games like the Arizona Bowl. That’s not Arkansas State and Nevada, though. Both the Red Wolves and Wolf Pack are ecstatic to be playing on the same day as the College Football Playoff Read More
- Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan 2018 Camellia Bowl Betting AnalysisDuring the course of the college football regular season, it’s probably fair to suggest that most of us focus our attention on the Power 5 conference teams. After all, this is generally where the playoff contenders come from, plus these are the teams that we can really study on TV every single week. This, though, is very often why some Read More
- Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Betting PreviewThe first Power 5 conference school to play in a bowl game is Arizona State of the Pac-12 as the Sun Devils are NCAAF Betting underdogs against No. 21 Fresno State, the Mountain West Conference champion, on Saturday in the Las Vegas Bowl. How to Bet Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Odds & Game Info ✅ Read More
- Fresno State vs Boise State 2018 MWC Championship Betting PreviewCollege football fans are in for a treat this coming Friday and Saturday, as we are about to head into Championship Weekend, where we will learn which 4 teams will be in the playoffs this season. With that in mind, it’s easy to get caught up in the playoff hype ands focus solely on the Power 5 Conference games. There Read More
- San Jose State at Fresno State NCAA Football Week 13 Spread & PickWith this being rivalry week in college football, not to mention the final week of the regular season, all eyes will be on the conference battles in the Power 5. It doesn’t really matter what week we are playing in, most fans focus their attention on the bigger games, simply because they feature the teams that are fighting it out Read More
- Fresno State vs Boise State NCAA Football Week 11 Spread & PreviewThose of us who love to watch and wager on football are somewhat pre-programmed to do the bulk of our viewing and wagering on Saturday and Sunday. After all, that is when the majority of the games go off, but we should also know that there are some betting opportunities that exist outside of those regular days. The NFL has Read More
- Houston is the 2017 Hawaii Bowl Odds Favorite Against Fresno StateDespite winning two more games than their postseason counterparts, the Fresno State Bulldogs are slight Hawaii Bowl odds underdogs to beat the Houston Cougars when the two teams square off at Aloha Stadium on December 24th. Fresno State will look to reach the double-digit win mark by pulling off the upset in their season-ending bowl game against Houston. Now, let’s Read More
- Fresno St. at Alabama College Football Week 2 Odds & Pick
- Rice vs. Fresno State 2014 Hawaii Bowl Odds Preview
- Mountain West Championship at Stake: Fresno State vs. Boise State Football Line
Sports in the State of California
NCAA Teams | Division I
Fresno State Bulldogs Odds | 2021 NCAA Football
Fresno State Bulldogs | College Football Playoff National Championship