Kentucky Derby Odds, 2021 Current Horses Betting | 147th Kentucky Derby Odds
Kentucky Derby Odds, 2021 Current Horses Betting | 147th Kentucky Derby Odds
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
Kentucky Derby Odds, 2021 Derby Props
Kentuckey Derby Betting | Churchill Downs Derby Week
|Venue||Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY, United States|
|Distance||1½ miles (12 furlongs)|
Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Kentucky Derby Recap
The 2021 Kentucky Derby came and went and wouldn’t you know it? Saturday’s race resembled the 2020 Run for the Roses that happened just eight months ago. The greatest horse racing trainer in U.S. history notched a record seventh Kentucky Derby victory when Medina Spirit crossed the finish line first. Check out a review of Medina Spirit’s performance along with reviews of the three horses that finished right behind the 2021 Kentucky Derby winner.
Kentucky Derby: Top 4 Finishers Review
2021 Kentucky Derby
- When: Saturday, May 1, 2021
- Where: Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY
First: Medina Spirit
Trainer Bob Baffert didn’t expect much from his lone Kentucky Derby entrant. Entering March, Baffert had the strongest hand in the race. Life Is Good was the unquestioned leader of the division while Concert Tour was second-choice.
Medina Spirit supposedly didn’t have the breeding or speed to win on the First Saturday in May. How did Baffert’s third-string three-year-old win the world’s most famous horse race?
Rock Your World got slammed from both sides and ended up losing precious lengths. Midnight Bourbon didn’t go for the front and neither did Hot Rod Charlie. Jockey Johnny Velasquez, noticing that nobody wanted the lead, hustled Medina Spirit to the front.
The Baffert runner coasted, much like Authentic, and easily held off Mandaloun and Hot Rod Charlie in the stretch. Luck had something to do with it, yes, but the truth is that Johnny V. was brave when no other jockey in the race was.
Brad Cox trained Mandaloun ran great to finish second. After the horrendous performance in the Louisiana Derby, some didn’t believe the Juddmonte owned horse had any shot.
Mandaloun made a valiant effort to catch Medina Spirit. But the presser didn’t get the right set up. Expect Cox to instruct the jockey to send Mandaloun if the horse runs in the Preakness. Pressuring Medina Spirit may be the only way to beat the Baffert runner.
Third: Hot Rod Charlie
As they turned for home, the Doug O’Neil trained runner looked like the winner. Hot Rod Charlie has a nice turn of foot and he appeared to be motoring home the best. But Medina Spirit wouldn’t be denied.
Also, the winner got away with a soft second-quarter, which allowed Medina Spirit to coast to the finish line. Like Cox, expect O’Neil to tell his jockey to pressure the Derby winner from the start if Hot Rod runs in the Preakness.
Fourth: Essential Quality
Essential Quality may have run the second-best race. The Derby favorite had no choice but to go wide around both turns. Try as he might, the Tapit sired runner couldn’t kick it up a notch to get past Hot Rod, Mandaloun, or Medina Spirit.
Brad Cox may send Essential Quality to the bench for the Preakness. Tapit sired horses usually grow from the first Saturday in May to the first Saturday in June, the traditional day thoroughbred racing runs the Belmont Stakes.
Quality could excel in the Test of Champions. He ran great and should be considered a Belmont Stakes favorite if Cox decides to skip the Preakness and run the 2020 two-year-old champ at Big Sandy.
Kentucky Derby Betting News
Kentucky Derby 2021 Betting News, Live Derby Odds & Picks
- Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Kentucky Derby RecapThe 2021 Kentucky Derby came and went and wouldn’t you know it? Saturday’s race resembled the 2020 Run for the Roses that happened just eight months ago. The greatest horse racing trainer in U.S. history notched a record seventh Kentucky Derby victory when Medina Spirit crossed the finish line first. Check out a review of Medina Spirit’s performance along with Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Superfecta & Pick 4 Betting PredictionsDerby superfecta payouts can be tremendous. The average payout the past few years has been over $30,000 for $2. This year, Churchill Downs has decided to lower the superfecta cost from $2 to $1. That will make it easier for many of us to play the Derby superfecta on Saturday. Check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds from Kentucky Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Exacta & Trifecta Betting PredictionsOn Saturday, the best three-year-old horses in the world enter the starting gate at Churchill Downs for the 147th Kentucky Derby. Essential Quality is the 2/1 favorite while Rock Your World is at 5/1. Check out a Kentucky Derby and trifecta play that should pay handsome profits if it cashes. Also, check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds from Read More
- Horse Racing Betting – 2021 Triple Crown UpdateWinning the Triple Crown of Horse Racing is one of the most difficult accomplishments in all of sports. Only 13 horses have won the Triple Crown. Two, American Pharoah in 2015 and Justify in 2018, won the TC in the last decade. Most of the time no horses have the ability to win all three legs of the Triple Crown. Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Betting Update & Kentucky Oaks PicksChurchill Downs drew post-positions for Saturday’s Kentucky Derby on Tuesday. No real surprises although something interesting did happen during the draw. The two favorites, Essential Quality and Rock Your World, will break side-by-side. Also, third-choice Known Agenda must break from the rail. Check out a Kentucky Derby post-draw update. We throw in picks for this Friday’s Kentucky Oaks. Also, check Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Essential Quality & Rock Your World Clear-Cut FavoritesThe 2021 Kentucky Derby is almost here. After weeks of preps, discussions, and training sessions, 20 of the best three-year-olds on the planet are ready to rock and roll under the Twin Spires at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Check out the latest Kentucky Derby news as we head into Tuesday’s draw. Also, check out top plays and Horse Racing Read More
- 2021 Top Stakes Races to Bet On From April 30th to May 1stThe Kentucky Oaks on Friday and the Kentucky Derby on Saturday are this weekend’s two signature races. But those two events aren’t the only graded races on April 30 and May 1. Check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds for the Top Stakes Races of the Week from Friday, April 30th to Saturday, May 1st. You can also visit Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Concert Tour Is Out of The RaceThree horses decided they won’t run for the roses. The defection of one of those horses could impact the pace of the race. Also, the two favorites have become stand outs on paper. Check out the latest Kentucky Derby news in our weekly update. Also, check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds from Kentucky Derby for Saturday, May 1. Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Essential Quality Clear Favorite to Win it AllThe final two Kentucky Derby preps turned out to be ho-hum affairs. Concert Tour, Bob Baffert’s top Derby prospect, provided one of the worst final prep performances in recent memory. It was so bad that we had no choice but to drop the son of Street Sense from our Top 10. Check out a recap on Tour’s awful performance as Read More
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Concert Tour Runs in Grade 1 Arkansas Derby
- Three 2021 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Expert Analysis
- 2021 Triple Crown: 3 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Horse Analysis
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: How Really Good Is Mandaloun?
- 2021 Triple Crown: Concert Tour Showing He Is A Favorite
- Life Is Good Heading as Favorite to Win 2021 Kentucky Derby
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Life Is Good Favorite to Win San Felipe Stakes
- 2021 Triple Crown: Essential Quality Makes 2021 Debut on Saturday
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: New Contender & Prospect Showing Up
Kentucky Derby Odds | 2021 Kentucky Derby Live Betting Prop Bets
Betting on the Kentucky Derby is a American pastime, in Las Vegas or Online at a Sportsbook Website, Known in the world of horse racing as “The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports” or “The Fastest Two Minutes in Sports” for its approximate duration, the Kentucky Derby is by far the most popular horse racing event in the North American race calendar and over 160,000 punters will be betting live at the track each day of Kentucky Derby Week with millions wager on the race both in the USA and around the World Online.
The three-year-old thoroughbred race has been run every consecutive year since 1875 and is the first leg of the American Triple Crown which is followed by the Preakness Stakes, then the Belmont Stakes. Here at MyBookie you will find all sorts of Kentucky Derby Odds & Prop Bets as well as all race futures and of course the current Odds to Win the Kentucky Derby 2019. Good Luck this Kentucky Derby.
In 2019 Country House won the 145th Kentucky Derby on Saturday after Maximum Security became the first horse to be disqualified in the history of the storied race. Maximum Security crossed the finish line first, but there was an objection on the field and the horse in second place, Country House, was declared the winner.
Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs
- Distance: 1 1⁄4 miles (10 furlongs; 2,012 m)
- Record: 1:59 2⁄5 secs, Secretariat (1973)
- Surface: Dirt
- Track: Left-handed
- Qualification: 3-year-old
- 2020: Authentic
- 2019: Country House
- 2018: Justify
- 2017: Always Dreaming
- 2016: Nyquist
- 2015: American Pharoah
- 2014: California Chrome
- 2013: Orb
- 2012: I'll Have Another
- 2011: Animal Kingdom
- 2010: Super Saver
- 2009: Mine That Bird
Race Facts (Since 1976):
- Fastest Time: 1:59:97
- Largest Winning Margin: 6 3/4 lengths
- Highest Winning: 127
Most Wins by a Jockey
5 – Eddie Arcaro (1938, 1941, 1945, 1948, 1952)
5 – Bill Hartack (1957, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1969)
Most Wins by a Trainer
6 – Ben A. Jones (1938, 1941, 1944, 1948, 1949, 1952)
Most Wins by an Owner
8 – Calumet Farm (1941, 1944, 1948, 1949, 1952, 1957, 1958, 1968)
1:59.40 – Secretariat (1973)
Record Victory Margin
8 lengths – Assault (1946)
8 lengths – Whirlaway (1941)
Longest Shot to Win the Derby
91 to 1 – Donerail (1913)
Kentucky Derby Betting Guide
The 2021 Triple Crown seasons starts now! If you haven’t been brought up to speed with this year’s top racing picks, participants or created your own betting strategy, MyBookie has all the information you need to make the big bucks on this year’s pony races.
The Kentucky Derby is one of the most popular thoroughbred horse races in the world, with hundreds of thousands of people placing bets across the globe. This year, the derby is taking place May 4th. Here’s the Ultimate Betting Guide for the Kentucky Derby and possible Triple Crown contenders.
The First Rule Of Kentucky Derby Betting
ALWAYS, place your bets as close to the start of the race as possible. It’s a great idea to get your picks in order before the race begins, however, you should try and place them as close to the start as you can. This week, it was reported that Omaha Beach was recently pulled from the Kentucky Derby, due to an entrapped epiglottis. While the announcement gave bettors ample time to change their lines, imagine what would happen if wagers were already placed. MyBookie will be posting Kentucky Derby content all Saturday long, allowing you to make confident bets with the latest news and odds.
Types of Bets For The Kentucky Derby
The team at MyBookie has created one of the largest lists of Kentucky Derby odds and futures available. While most people will be limiting their betting to ‘odds to win’ the entire race, there’s more options to choose from, giving you more opportunity for winning big during this year’s derby. Let’s take a look at your different betting options for this year’s Kentucky Derby:
2021 Kentucky Derby - Odds To Win:
If you want to make one big bet on the horse that you anticipate winning the race, this is the bet for you. If you’re looking to make this bet, here are some of the top picks to consider: Tacitus (+600), Maximum Security (+800), Improbable (+500), Game Winner (+450) and Roadster (+550). Win simply means to put money on a horse to win the race. If you like chalk Omaha Beach at 4/1, bet on Omaha Beach to win. You can find a full list of ‘Odds to Win’ odds here at the top of our Kentucky Derby page.
2021 Kentucky Derby - Odds To Place:
The word place is used to describe a wager on a horse to finish second. If you like a horse like Spinoff to run well at 30/1, but you’re not sure he’ll win, put a few bucks on him to place. With a place bet, you win your wager if the horse finishes first or second. You can find a full list of ‘Odds to Place’ odds here at the top of our Kentucky Derby page.
2021 Kentucky Derby - Odds To Show :
A show wager is betting on a horse to finish third. However, the horse only must finish first, second, or third for you to win your wager. Show wagers often don’t pay much but because there are so many horses in the Derby, the show horse often does pay way beyond what’s normal to finish third. You can find a full list of ‘Odds to Show’ odds here at the top of our Kentucky Derby page.
Kentucky Derby Prop Bets & Kentucky Derby Week Race Odds
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Odds
- Kentucky Derby Week: Kentucky Oaks 2021 Odds
- Kentucky Derby Week: Churchill Down Stakes
- Kentucky Derby Week: Curchill Distaff Turf Mile
- Kentucky Derby Exacta Odds
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Props
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Trainer Futures
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Jockey Futures
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Place Odds
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Show Odds
- Kentucky Derby 2021 Head to Head Matchups
- 2021 Triple Crown Odds
2021 Kentucky Derby Betting | Kentucky Derby Vegas Odds
Horse Racing Odds, Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs
Kentucky Derby Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest Kentucky Derby Betting Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Great Customer experience
I have had a great experience with this site. Deposit and payout methods are fairly easy. Betting is pretty self explanatory as well. Anytime I’ve had any issues (and I’ve had a few due ti my own ignorance at times) customer service has been wonderful and extremely helpful.
Best Out there
Making picks is easy and intuitive. The website allows for easy withdrawals and payouts which process very quickly. I very much enjoy using this site over anything else.