New York Mets Odds | 2021 MLB Betting Lines
New York Mets Odds | 2021 MLB Betting Lines
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
new york mets Schedule
new york mets Standings
new york mets Injuries
Most recent posts
New York Mets Odds
2021 Minnesota Twins Headlines, Best Lines
|Conference||National League (NL)|
|History||New York Mets (1962–present)|
|Arena||Citi Field (2009–present)|
|World Series Titles||2 1969, 1986|
|NL Pennants||5 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000, 2015|
MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
The New York Subway Series resumes on Friday night with both teams badly needing wins as they chase playoff spots. It’s also a bigger series than normal with it being the 20th anniversary weekend of the 9/11 attacks that changed New York and the USA forever. The Yanks are favored on the MLB odds for Friday’s opener.
New York Yankees vs New York Mets Preview | MLB Betting
How to Bet Yankees at Mets MLB Odds & TV Info
- When: Friday, 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field
- Probable pitchers (away/home): Jordan Montgomery/Tylor Megill
- TV: MLB Network
- Stream/gameday audio: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/
- Opening MLB Lines: TBA (Yankees will be favored)
Of course, Saturday is the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist bombings in the United States that hit New York City the hardest, bringing town the Twin Towers. It’s certainly not a coincidence that the Mets and Yankees are playing this weekend. Before Saturday’s game, 2001 Mets manager Bobby Valentine will throw the first pitch to 2001 Yankees manager Joe Torre.
Over 14 former Mets coaches and players from the 2001 team are expected to attend the game, including Hall of Famer Mike Piazza. He hit the go-ahead home run in the first game back in New York after the attacks on Sept. 21. It also will be just the second time both teams are playing in New York City on the anniversary of that fateful day. The first came in 2014.
Why Bet on NY Yankees?
The Yanks had a disastrous week at home vs. the Toronto Blue Jays and now are no sure thing to even make the playoffs – not that long ago, this team was on a 13-game winning streak. Struggling second baseman DJ LeMahieu, the former AL batting champion, was given Thursday off to recharge.
LeMahieu has reached safely in 114-of-132 games this season, collecting a hit in 97 of those games. He has reached base multiple times in 68 games this season, the second-most by a Yankee this season (Judge – 69) and tied for the seventh-most such games in the Majors this season. Luke Voit, the 2020 MLB home run champion, also is slumping. He has gone 1-for-14 with a run, a walk and six strikeouts across his last six appearances.
It’s lefty Jordan Montgomery (5-5) on the mound here. Montgomery surrendered one run on six hits over 4 2/3 innings while taking a no-decision in last Saturday’s loss to the Orioles. The 28-year-old southpaw struck out five and walked two against the O’s, with the only run coming on a wild pitch in the top of the fourth inning. Montgomery has pitched well over the last month-plus, lowering his ERA from 4.18 to 3.47 in his last seven outings. In six of those starts, he has given up one or no runs. However, Montgomery has gone more than five innings just twice in that span.
On July 3, Montgomery was tagged for three runs over 4 1/3 innings in a loss to the Mets. Montgomery struggled with his efficiency in the truncated outing, throwing 86 pitches (54 strikes). He finished with six strikeouts and also issued three walks.
Why Bet on NY Mets?
The Mets own a 38-27 record with a 3.65 ERA against teams with a record below .500. They are hitting .247/.324/.417 against those teams. That compares to a 33-43 record with a 3.83 ERA and a .231/.307/.366 slash line against teams that are .500 or better.
Starting center fielder Brandon Nimmo is aiming to return late next week. Nimmo was placed on the injured list this past Saturday due to a right hamstring strain, but he has already resumed baseball activities — including jogging, hitting, and throwing. “We’re definitely on the right path,” he said Thursday.
Jonathan Villar has reached base safely in each of his last 15 starts. He is batting .383 (23-60) with 11 runs, four doubles, a triple, three home runs, eight RBI, eight walks and a 1.089 OPS in that span. In 51 games following the All-Star break, Villar is batting .297/.363/.483 with 23 runs, six doubles, a triple, eight home runs, 17 walks, 21 RBI and an .846 OPS. That compares to a .236/.318/.438 slashline with 21 extra-base hits and 19 RBI in 69 games before the break.
It’s rookie Tylor Megill (2-4, 4.20) here. Megill’s 1.04 ERA in July was the best in the major leagues (min. 25.0 IP). Only two other pitchers in Mets history have had a better ERA in the month of July: Jon Matlack had 0.86 ERA in July 1972 and Rick Aguilera had a 0.89 ERA in July 1985.
However, he hasn’t been near that good since. Last time out, Megill allowed four runs on seven hits while striking out eight over six innings on Saturday but took the loss as the Mets fell to the Nationals in Game 2 of a doubleheader. The right-hander generated a 42 percent whiff rate on his go-to changeup during the contest while also collecting a 55 percent whiff rate on his slider. The major damage was done on a pair of home runs and Megill’s ERA now stands at 4.20 this season with a 1.25 WHIP over 70 2/3 innings. He has never faced the Yankees.
- Yankees are 5-0 in their last 5 Friday games.
- Yankees are 8-0 in their last 8 interleague games.
- Yankees are 7-0 in their last 7 interleague games vs. a right-handed starter.
- Mets are 4-1 in their last 5 interleague home games.
- Mets are 1-5 in their last 6 Friday games.
- Mets are 0-7 in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning record.
- Yankees 5, Mets 3
MLB Baseball Betting News
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
New York Mets Recent MLB History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest New York Mets Game Odds, Mets Live Odds, This Weeks New York Mets team totals, spreads and runlines. The latest New York team stats, MLB Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Mets Winning the MLB World Series, New York MLB News & other info on the New York Mets. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the New York Mets Today!
- Cubs vs Mets | Betting Odds for MLB
- Padres vs Mets | MLB Betting Analysis
- Mets vs. Orioles | MLB Betting Analysis
- Mets vs Padres | MLB Betting Odds
- Braves vs Mets | Betting Odds for MLB
- Mets vs Braves | MLB Betting Odds
- Red Sox vs Mets | MLB Betting Odds
- Nationals Vs Mets Betting Preview – MLB Betting
- New York Mets vs. Chicago Cubs | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Mets vs. Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Mets vs Nationals Opening Day | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Rumors: No Universal DH; Justin Turner Choosing Between Dodgers, Mets?
- MLB Rumors: Mets Add All-Star Catcher James McCann
- MLB Top 5 Free Agents Of The Offseason
- Rays vs Mets – 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Braves vs Mets – 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Mets vs Phillies – MLB Odds & Picks
- Yankees vs Mets – MLB Odds & Picks
Sports in the State of New York
NCAA Teams | Division I
New York Mets Betting Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Online Casino
MLB Baseball Odds | 2021 Current MLB Betting Lines