oakland athletics SCHEDULE
Most recent posts
oak athletics Twitter
How to Bet Orioles vs Athletics MLB Spread & Prediction
The Baltimore Orioles are terrible this season so they might as well get a look at some of their younger players. That will be the case on Wednesday when Josh Rogers makes his first big-league start of the season. The Birds are solid underdogs on the MLB Odds against the Oakland Athletics.
Orioles vs Athletics MLB Spread & Game Info
- When: Wednesday, 3:37 PM ET
- Where: Oakland Coliseum
- Probable pitchers (away/home): Josh Rogers/Chris Bassitt
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Radio: 95.7 The Game
- MLB Odds: Oakland Athletics -1.5 (Total 9.5)
Why Bet on Baltimore?
Outfielder Dwight Smith Jr. (concussion) began a rehab assignment with Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday. Smith is slated to play two games for Norfolk before then rejoining the Orioles on Thursday in Seattle if all goes well. He’s been out of action for the last week and a half following post-concussion issues.
Baltimore has called up lefty Sean Gilmartin from Triple-A Norfolk. Gilmartin holds a 2.48 ERA and 40/11 K/BB ratio over 36 1/3 innings for Norfolk this season. He’s been used mostly in relief the last few years but does have plenty of starting experience, so he could be used in the rotation too.
Trey Mancini is batting .431 (25-for-58) with 17 runs scored in the first inning this season. Hanser Alberto has hit safely in 20 of his last 28 games and is hitting .372 (35-for-94) since May 20.
The Orioles have allowed only 26 stolen bases, tied for second-fewest allowed in the AL and seventh-fewest in the majors. They have caught 17 attempted base stealers, and their 39.5% caught stealing percentage leads the AL and ranks third-best in the majors. The O’s 72 double plays turned this season lead the AL and rank third in the majors.
It’s 24-year-old Josh Rogers making his first big-league start of 2019 for Baltimore. Rogers owns a 7.88 ERA in eight innings of relief for the Orioles this season. He’s been even worse in 11 starts for Triple-A Norfolk, recording an 8.51 ERA. He walked just 3.9 percent of opposing batters for Norfolk but also struck out just 13.0 percent.
Rogers was one of three pitchers the Orioles acquired from the New York Yankees in last season’s Zack Britton trade. Though 2019 has been rough Rogers did impress in Norfolk after last season’s trade. He posted a 2.08 ERA in five starts which earned him three big league starts at the end of last season. Rogers is taking the rotation spot of struggling David Hess, who is headed to the bullpen. In 14 appearances including 13 starts the 25-year-old has posted a 7.20 ERA and a record of 1-9.
- Runs: 3.95
- Hits: 8.10
- Walks: 2.58
- Strike Outs: 8.89
- Runs: 6.22
- Hits: 9.47
- Walks: 3.71
- Strike Outs: 7.63
Why Bet on Oakland?
Blake Treinen fired a hitless ninth inning with a strikeout on Monday to pick up a save against the Orioles. He didn’t allow a hit or a walk. The strikeout ups his season total to 36 over 35 1/3 innings, and his ERA drops to 3.31 with 16 saves in 18 chances. He hasn’t been near as dominant as last year when Treinen was an All-Star and Cy Young candidate.
Also in Monday’s win, Marcus Semien extended his hitting streak to 14 games with a double in the first inning and is batting .390 (23- for-59) with four doubles, three home runs, and 11 RBI over that span. Josh Phegley has thrown out 14-of-47 (29.8%) attempted base stealers this season. Reliever Liam Hendriks has not allowed a run in 19 of his last 21 games and has a 1.09 ERA (3 ER in 24.2 IP) during that stretch.
The A’s are batting .234 (283-for-1208) and are averaging 4.19 runs per game at home (151 runs in 36 games) compared to .256 with an average of 5.59 runs per game on the road.
Oakland starter Chris Bassitt (3-3) took the loss Friday against the Mariners after allowing four runs (three earned) on five hits and four walks while striking out four through 5.2 innings. Bassitt started the fourth inning with a four-pitch walk and it all went downhill from there. He allowed three consecutive hits including a two-run double to J.P. Crawford and a sacrifice fly to Dee Gordon to tack on a pair of runs and give the Mariners the lead for good.
Bassitt was frustrated with his command problems with the four walks. He’s now walked 15 batters in his last five outings, after issuing just nine over his first five starts. Bassitt is 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA in two career starts against Baltimore. He has a 3.68 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 57:24 K:BB this season.
- Runs: 5.03
- Hits: 8.53
- Walks: 3.30
- Strike Outs: 7.82
- Runs: 4.53
- Hits: 8.24
- Walks: 3.38
- Strike Outs: 7.88
Orioles vs Athletics MLB Betting Trends
- Orioles are 15-66 in their last 81 road games vs. a right-handed starter
- Athletics are 2-7 in Bassitt’s last 9 home starts vs. a team with a losing record
- Orioles are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against Oakland
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 7 games on the road
- Athletics are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games against an opponent in the American League East division
Expert Final Score Prediction for Orioles vs Athletics
Baltimore Orioles 5 – Oakland Athletics 6
New York Yankees Odds
2019 Oakland Athletics Headlines, Best Lines
|Conference||American League (AL)|
|History||Oakland Athletics (1987–present)
Oakland A’s (1968–1986)
Kansas City Athletics (1955–1967)
Philadelphia Athletics (1901–1954)
|Arena||Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum (1968–present)|
|World Series Titles||9 1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989|
|AL Pennants||15 1902, 1905, 1910, 1911, 1913, 1914, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1988, 1989, 1990|
New York Yankees Recent MLB History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Oakland Athletics Game Odds, Athletics Live Odds, This Weeks Oakland Athletics team totals, spreads and runlines. The latest Oakland team stats, MLB Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Athletics Winning the MLB World Series, Oakland MLB News & other info on the Oakland Athletics. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Oakland Athletics Today!
- Athletics vs Indians MLB Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Athletics vs Mariners MLB Odds, Game Preview & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Indians vs Athletics MLB Spread & Game Analysis
- Reds vs Athletics MLB Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Athletics vs Red Sox MLB Odds & Prediction for Monday Night
- Rangers vs Athletics MLB Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Rangers vs Athletics MLB Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Astros vs Athletics MLB Betting Lines & Pick for Wednesday Night
- Athletics vs Orioles MLB Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Astros vs Athletics Week 1 Odds, Game Preview, and Predictions
- How to Bet Red Sox vs Athletics MLB Spread & Prediction
- Athletics vs Mariners MLB Odds & Japan Opening Series Prediction
- Athletics vs Yankees MLB AL Wild Card Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Athletics at Mariners MLB for Wednesday Night
- 2018 MLB Postseason Predictions – September 4th Edition
- How to Bet Yankees at Athletics MLB Lines Prediction
- Mariners vs Athletics MLB Spread & Game Prediction
- Athletics at Astros MLB Spread & Betting Prediction
Sports in the State of California
- MLB | Los Angeles Angels
- MLB | Oakland Athletics
- MLB | Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB | San Diego Padres
- MLB | San Francisco Giants
- NFL | Los Angeles Rams
- NFL | Los Angeles Chargers
- NFL | Oakland Raiders
- NFL | San Francisco 49ers
- NBA | Golden State Warriors
- NBA | Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA | Los Angeles Clippers
- NBA | Sacramento Kings
- NHL | Los Angeles Kings
- NHL | Anaheim Mighty Ducks
- NHL | San Jose Sharks
Oakland Athletics Betting Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Online Casino
MLB Baseball Odds | 2019 Current MLB Betting Lines
American League MLB Teams
MLB Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest MLB Reviews
Best mobile sports book
Haven’t had an issue getting payouts. The mobile site is great. Would definitely recommend!
I live MyBookie!
I love all of their NBA odds. They are the best in the game!! I recommend this site as #1 for betting.
Great customer service!
The format is easy to use. I’d like to see easier and less restrictive ways to transfer funds.