Houston Cougars Odds, Road to the Final Four, Sweet 16 & Elite 8 Line | 2021 March Madness Betting
Houston Cougars Odds, Road to the Final Four, Sweet 16 & Elite 8 Line | 2021 March Madness Betting
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
Most recent posts
Houston Cougars Headlines
2021 Houston Cougars Headlines, Best Lines
|University||University of Houston|
|Conference||American Athletic Conference|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Basketball Arena||Fertitta Center|
#2 Houston vs. #1 Baylor NCAA Tournament Final Four | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
It’s an all-Texas first half of the NCAA Tournament’s Final Four on Saturday from Indianapolis as second-seeded Houston takes on No. 1 seed Baylor in a matchup of former Southwest Conference rivals with the Bears favored on the NCAAB odds to reach the national title game.How to Bet Houston vs. Baylor NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, 5 PM ET
- Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- TV: CBS
- Stream: https://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live
- Radio: Tunein.com
- Opening NCAAB Lines: Baylor -5 (total 136)
Being state rivals and former Southwest Conference rivals, the schools have met plenty over the years but not since 2003. Houston leads the series 38-15 dating to the 1949-50 season.
The state of Texas had more schools in this Big Dance, seven, than any other state. Texas Tech, North Texas, Texas Southern and Abilene Christian also won games in the Big Dance, leaving the University of Texas as the only school from the state that failed to win a game.Why Bet on Houston? | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
Houston (28-3), from the American Athletic Conference, beat No. 12 seed Oregon State 67-61 on Monday to send the Cougars to the Final Four for the first time since 1984.
The Cougars led at halftime by 17 points and with 10 minutes to play by a dozen points, but the Beavers dammed up defensively to stage a 17-5 run to tie the game up with just under four minutes to play. However, Quentin Grimes hit a 3-pointer with 3:21 left to break a 55-all tie. Houston knocked down enough free throws late while holding Oregon State without a basket during a critical 3 1/2 minutes. The Beavers made just 11-of-20 free throws, including a horrific 1-of-6 performance in the first half.
The Cougars are the best defense remaining in March Madness, leading the nation in field goal percentage defense and limiting opponents to 57 points per game. They’ve contained opponents in this NCAA Tournament to an average of 55.7 points per game.
UH shot just 32 percent overall but was able to withstand the shooting struggles by dominating the boards and finishing with a 41-29 edge on the glass, including 19 offensive boards that led to 19 second-chance points. They took 15 more shots total.
Marcus Sasser scored 20 points to lead Houston while Grimes added 18. DeJon Jarreau, the American Athletic Conference’s Defensive Player of the Year, stymied Oregon State star Ethan Thompson – who was named the most outstanding player of the Midwest Region. Jarreau finished with 10 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
The Cougars have become the first team to reach the Final Four without facing even one single-digit seed. Houston’s 15-10-11-12 road to the Final Four tied 2001 Michigan State for the path of least resistance. The Spartans dispatched Alabama State (16), Fresno State (9), Gonzaga (12) and Temple (11) en route to Minneapolis.
Why Bet on Baylor? | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
Baylor (26-2) beat No. 3 Arkansas 81-72 to reach the Final Four for the first time since 1950. Since Scott Drew took over in Waco, Texas, in 2003, he had led the Bears to the Elite Eight on three occasions, the last in 2012. But in both previous appearances, Baylor ran into the eventual national champions and were sent home one step short of the Final Four.
The Bears jumped out to an 18-point lead nine minutes into the game and looked invincible for stretches vs. the Hogs. But Arkansas, having overcome double-digit deficits in every NCAA Tournament game before tonight, managed to cut the lead to four points in the second half.
MaCio Teague hit back-to-back 3-pointers in a late 10-1 run and finished with a game-high 22 points, helping the Bears hold off yet another comeback from an Arkansas team that had faced double-digit deficits in each of its first three tournament games.
Baylor’s stellar four-guard rotation all scored in double figures, with Jared Butler adding 14 points and five assists; Davion Mitchell getting 12 points and six assists despite playing limited minutes because of foul trouble; and Adam Flagler icing it with four-straight free throws to finish with 10 points.
Mitchell also guarded Arkansas star Moses Moody, one of the best freshman scorers in the country, and held him to 2-for-10 shooting. Baylor got 21 points off Arkansas’ 15 turnovers and finished with a 25-16 edge in bench points. JD Notae had a strong first half for Arkansas, picking up 12 points and helping the Razorbacks climb out of a big hole early. But he picked up three fouls in less than four minutes in the second half and fouled out of the game with more than 13 minutes left. That was a huge turning point.
The Bears have college basketball’s most potent backcourt behind Butler, Teague and Mitchell – averaging a combined 46.4 points per game.
Houston is used to slowing teams down with a tempo-controlling defense, but the Bears are used to that from great competition in Big 12 play. Baylor’s faced 12 top-30 NET-ranked teams since January, compared to Houston’s two.Game Trends
- Cougars are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games overall.
- Cougars are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games following a straight up win.
- Cougars are 34-16-1 ATS in their last 51 games following a ATS loss.
- Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games.
- Bears are 10-3 ATS in their last 13 neutral site games.
- Bears are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 neutral site games as a favorite.
- Baylor 75, Houston 69
College Basketball Betting News
- College Basketball News & Rumors: Transfer Portal Rule Change, Coaches Sign Ups & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAB Update – April 5th Edition
- #1 Baylor vs. #1 Gonzaga national championship game | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- #2 Houston vs. #1 Baylor NCAA Tournament Final Four | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert Analysis
- 2021 College Basketball Championship Odds Update Mar. 30th
Houston Cougars Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Houston Cougars Game Odds, Cougars Live Odds, This Weeks Houston Cougars team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Houston team stats, NCAA Basketball Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Cougars Winning the March Madness, Houston NCAA Basketball News & other info on the Houston Cougars. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Houston Cougars Today!
- #2 Houston vs. #1 Baylor NCAA Tournament Final Four | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert AnalysisIt’s an all-Texas first half of the NCAA Tournament’s Final Four on Saturday from Indianapolis as second-seeded Houston takes on No. 1 seed Baylor in a matchup of former Southwest Conference rivals with the Bears favored on the NCAAB odds to reach the national title game. How to Bet Houston vs. Baylor NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Info When: Saturday, Read More
- #12 Oregon State vs #2 Houston NCAA Tournament Elite Eight | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert AnalysisExpect a defensive battle in Monday’s NCAA Tournament Elite Eight matchup between No. 12 Oregon State of the Pac-12 and No. 2 Houston of the American Athletic Conference with the Cougars opening as 8-point favorites on the NCAAB odds. How to Bet Oregon State vs. Houston NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Info When: Monday, 7:15 PM ET Where: Lucas Oil Read More
- #11 Syracuse vs #2 Houston | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert AnalysisThe last of four Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament games on Saturday from Indianapolis is from the Midwest Region as No. 11 Syracuse of the ACC, in yet another Sweet 16 as a double-digit seed, faces No. 2 Houston of the AAC with the Cougars favored on the NCAAB odds. How to Bet Syracuse vs. Houston NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Read More
- #5 Houston vs South Florida Road to March Madness | 2021 NCAA Basketball Expert AnalysisIt’s time to start taking No. 8 Houston as a serious Final Four contender. The Cougars are going to win the American Athletic Conference regular-season title and have an outside shot at a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament if they win out. They will be solid favorites on the NCAAB odds Wednesday at South Florida – which hasn’t Read More
- No. 6 Houston vs UCF | 2020 NCAA Basketball Expert AnalysisThe two best basketball teams in Conference USA this season might be No. 6 Houston and unranked Central Florida, in that order. They square off Saturday afternoon from Orlando, with the Cougars expected to be short favorites on the NCAAB odds. How to Bet Houston at Central Florida NCAA Basketball Odds & TV Info When: Saturday, noon ET Where: Addition Read More
- Division I College Basketball Rankings: Gonzaga Leads Top 25The 2020-21 college basketball season is only two weeks away, and the Associated Press has released its preseason Top 25 with Gonzaga on top. Despite losing West Coast Conference Player of the Year Filip Petrusev, the Bulldogs received 28 first-place votes and 1,541 points from a 64-member national media panel. Division I College Basketball Rankings | 2020 Expert Analysis The Read More
- Houston vs Connecticut 2020 College Basketball Game Preview & Betting OddsIt is always really interesting to watch the conferences play out over the course of the college basketball season. While you get some conferences where a single team takes control from the start, you have many more where the outcome is unsure all the way into the final weekend of the season. That is where we find ourselves now, with Read More
- Tulane vs Houston 2020 College Basketball Odds, Preview & PickThe Tulane Green Wave will be looking to snap out of a discouraging losing streak when they hit the road to take on the 25th-ranked Houston Cougars on Thursday night. With Houston looking to get back in the win column after suffering a heartbreaking loss the last time out and Tulane completely desperate, let’s find out which team is offering Read More
- Auburn vs Kentucky March Madness Odds / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & PreviewThe Auburn Tigers used a 3-point barrage to knock out North Carolina on Friday night. On Sunday, the Tigers face their SEC nemesis, the Kentucky Wildcats. The Wildcats outlasted AAC Champion Houston in their Sweet 16 battle. Which SEC team moves to the Final Four on Sunday, Auburn or Kentucky? Elite Eight Bracket: Printable March Madness Bracket 2019 Auburn vs Read More
- 2019 March Madness Sweet 16 SU Betting Picks
- Sweet 16 Betting Guide 2019 March Madness
- 2019 March Madness Sweet 16 Betting Parlay Picks
- 2019 March Madness Betting Favorites, Dark Horses & Smart Picks
- Georgia State vs Houston March Madness Lines / Live Stream / TV Channel, Date / Time & Prediction
- Updated 2019 College Basketball Championship Odds – March 19th
- 2019 AAC Conference Championship Odds, Printable Bracket, Predictions & Picks
- SMU vs Houston NCAAB Odds & Game Analysis
- Key Numbers for the 2019 March Madness Tournament
- 5 Bold Predictions for the 2019 March Madness Tournament
- 2019 March Madness Predictions for First Round Upsets, Elite 8 & Final Four
- Houston at Connecticut NCAA Basketball Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NCAA Bracketology: Predicting 2019 March Madness Field
- How to Bet 2019 March Madness Tournament
- Houston vs UCF NCAA Basketball Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Utah State vs Houston NCAAB Lines & Betting Analysis
- Expert Parlay Picks for 2018 March Madness Sweet 16
- 2018 March Madness Betting Tips from the Pros
Sports in the State of Texas
NCAA Teams | Division I
Houston Cougars | 2021 March Madness
Houston Cougars | NCAA College Basketball Tournament
2021 NCAA March Madness Tournament
College Basketball Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest College Basketball Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Thank you for such a great service!
SImple and straightforward
An easy to use sports gambling site that I found out about from Joey Diaz’s podcast. Have had no issues using my bookie for betting on fights or games.