NHL Odds, NHL Playoffs Betting
NHL Updates of the Week – September 16th Edition
The NHL Preseason gets under way in earnest this week with games almost every day until the start of the regular season on Oct. 2, the NHLPA decided to make their decision on the new collective bargaining agreement on Monday, Sep. 15. Also, some players news happened this past week. Check out our NHL Update for Sep. 16! And be sure to check out the latest Stanley Cup odds for the upcoming season!
NHL Updates of the Week – September 16th Edition
NHLPA Pushes Decision to Monday, September 16, 2019
The National Hockey League Players Association decided to push back the decision to reopen the collective bargaining agreement to Monday. As of early on Monday, a decision has yet to be made.
Just as a reminder, if the players decide to opt out of the current agreement after this season, players could strike. Although it’s unlikely that happens, negotiations have dragged on for some time. The first deadline was on Sunday, Sep. 15. Because the players decided to utilize the one business day rider in the current CBA agreement to get the deal done, it means they couldn’t reach consensus on Sunday.
More than likely, players decide to reup until 2022. Then again, if the lone holdouts get their way, we could be in store for a drama filled NHL Season that has nothing to do with play on the ice.
NHL Preseason Starts with Golden Knights Dominating Coyotes
One of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup this season, the Vegas Golden Knights took it to the Arizona Coyotes in the first preseason game of the year on Sunday. Vegas scored 6 goals against the Coyotes. They only yielded 2 goals on defense.
Preseason doesn’t mean a lot, but it does mean something. Vegas had a disappointing second season after shocking the hockey world with a march to the Stanley Cup Playoffs in their inaugural season.
The Golden Knights want to get on the winning track and stay there in the 2019-2020 NHL Season. They looked good even if the game was meaningless while the Coyotes struggled. Remember, the NHL Preseason is short. The first NHL game is on Oct. 2, so, these preseason games mean more than they might in the NFL or NBA.
Bruins Lock Up McAvoy for 3-years, Wild Lock Up Spurgeon for 7-years
This past Sunday, the Boston Bruins signed defenseman Charlie McAvoy to a 3-year, $14.7 million deal. At only 21-years-old, McAvoy has the potential to be a top defenseman in NHL. He scored 7 goals and had 21 assists last season. This is a good move for a Stanley Cup contender.
The Minnesota Wild gave one of their top players a 7-year $53 million extension. Jared Spurgeon played in all 82 games last season. The 29-year-old had career highs in goals, 14, and assists, 29.
Bothe McAvoy and Spurgeon are essential to their teams’ success in 2019-2020. Boston and Minnesota made a couple of great moves over the weekend.
Evgeny Lands a Suspension
On September 14, the NHL handed down a 3-game suspension to Washington Capitals’ forward Evgeny Kuznetsov for inappropriate conduct. Kuznetsov tested positive for cocaine at the 2019 IIHF World Championships in May.
Kuznetsov is one of Washington’s most important players. He’s got a ton of talent. Hopefully, the suspension is a wake up call. He’s also only 27-years old, which means the 3-game suspension could help him mature some.
Let’s think glass full with Evgeny Kuznetsov. This isn’t the 1980’s. No judging here.
Have a great week while watching those NHL Preseason games!
2019 NHL Betting Odds, Recent NHL History, NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Lines & News
We offer the latest NHL Game Odds, National Hockey League Live Odds, team totals, spreads and lines. The latest NHL team stats, NHL Futures & Specials, News & other info on the National Hockey League and the Stanley Cup.
- Bruins vs Hurricanes 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 4 Pick
- Sharks vs Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Pick for Game 3
- Bruins vs Hurricanes 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 3 Analysis
- Blues vs Sharks 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Pick for Game 2
- Hurricanes vs Bruins Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 2 Lines, Prediction & Pick
- Sharks vs Blues Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 1 Odds, Analysis and Pick
- 2019 Stanley Cup Conference Finals Betting Preview
- Updated 2019 Stanley Cup Odds, Conference Finals Preview & Predictions
- Hurricanes vs Bruins Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 1 Odds, Preview, and Pick
- Avalanche vs Sharks Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 7 Preview
- Stars vs Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 7 Prediction
- Sharks vs Avalanche 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Lines & Game 6 Prediction
- Bruins vs Blue Jackets 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Pick for Game 6
- Avalanche vs Sharks Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 5 Odds, Preview, and Pick
- Blue Jackets vs Bruins Stanley Cup Playoffs Lines & Game 5 Pick
- Stars vs Blues Stanley Cup Playoffs Lines, Analysis & Prediction for Game 5
- Islanders vs Hurricanes Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 4 Preview
- How to Bet Sharks vs Avalanche 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Spread & Game 4 Prediction
2019 NHL Betting | MyBookie Online Sportsbook
NHL Odds, Hockey Spread & Total Lines
Eastern Conference NHL Teams
NHL Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest NHL Hockey Reviews
A great site to start with!
My bookie is a great site to bet on. They make it easy and understandable on how to utilize your bets. I definitely recommend using My Bookie!
Excellent customer service, very professional and polite. Easy fast payouts. A well managed operation.
Great overall experience!
Deposits and payouts are easy and very fast!