Preakness Stakes Odds, 2021 Current Betting Horses & Jockeys | 145th Preakness Stakes Odds
Preakness Stakes Odds, 2021 Current Betting Horses & Jockeys | 145th Preakness Stakes Odds
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
Preakness Odds, Preakness Stakes Betting
Preakness Stakes | Pimlico Race Course
|Triple Crown||2nd Leg of the Triple Crown|
|Venue||Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Distance||1 3⁄16 miles (9.5 furlongs)|
It couldn’t be any easier to bet on Preakness! Check out all the Race Match-ups, Jockey, Trainer and Race Futures & Props, Preakness Stakes odds to Win and more at the top of the page. MyBookie.ag offers expert advice on all aspects of horse racing betting. There isn’t another racebook on the planet that has the experience, know-how, and integrity that you will find at MyBookie.ag!
Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Preakness Stakes Recap
2021 won’t produce a Triple Crown. Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit fought hard in the Preakness Stakes, but couldn’t hang on, fading to third behind Midnight Bourbon in second as Mike McCarthy trained Rombauer ran by both for the win. Check out how Rombauer won the Preakness as well as a too early preview of the 2021 Belmont Stakes so you can get ready to make your bets against their Horse Racing odds.
Preakness Stakes: How Rombauer Won the 2021 Preakness
2021 Preakness Stakes
- When: Saturday, May 15
- Where: Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore, MD
How Rombauer won the 2021 Preakness Stakes
In our final Preakness write-up, we chose Rombauer to win the Triple Crown’s Second Jewel. We wrote about how the Twirling Candy sired runner had the flexibility to stay close to the pace or to come from the clouds.
That flexibility is the main reason why in the Preakness Rombauer was in the best position to overtake favorite’s Midnight Bourbon and Medina Spirit at the top of the stretch.
Steve Asmussen trained Midnight Bourbon and the Derby winner didn’t run fast fractions. Bourbon and Spirit got the half-mile in 46.4, which is slow for a TC event. Rombauer was about 3 to 4 lengths off at the half-mile pole.
As they turned for home, jockey Flavien Prat aboard Rombauer got within 2 lengths and then a length. At the top of the stretch, anybody who has ever watched horse racing new it was over. There was no way Rombauer wasn’t going to motor past Midnight Bourbon and Medina Spirit.
In hindsight, the Rombauer’s victory made sense. We noted how Mike McCarthy had kept Rombauer out of the Derby after the horse ran excellent to finish third in the Grade 2 Blue Grass.
The Blue Grass was Rombauer’s first race since his victory in the El Camino Real Derby. McCarthy used the Blue Grass as a true prep, meaning the only way he was going to start Rombauer in the Derby was if the horse had won the Blue Grass.
Mike McCarthy places his horses well. He knew Rombauer was up to the task. Anyone who read our Preakness write-ups this week and took our advice would have scored big on the 11-to-1 shot.
Too early look at the 2021 Belmont Stakes
McCarthy says Rombauer will run in the Belmont Stakes. His breeding suggests 1 ½ miles is no problem, but we shouldn’t jump all over Rombauer to win the Test of Champions.
Essential Quality will run. So will Todd Pletcher trained and Kentucky Oaks winner Malathaat, Santa Anita Derby winner Rock Your World, and second-place Kentucky Derby finisher Hot Rod Charlie are also pointing to the Belmont.
If you’re looking for an underdog with a shot, consider Todd Pletcher trained Overtook. The closer is bred to relish 1 ½ miles, has an excellent turn of foot, and should get lost in the betting with so many name horses in the field.
The Belmont Stakes happens on Saturday, June 5.
Preakness Stakes Betting News
Preakness Stakes 2021 Racing News, Picks, Betting Tips & Preakness Odds
- 2021 Preakness Stakes Horse Racing Betting Odds & PicksOn Saturday, Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit looks to add another Triple Crown jewel to his resume when he takes on 9 rivals in the 2021 Preakness Stakes. Medina Spirit has looked great in the mornings. His trainer, Bob Baffert, isn’t playing favorites. While Medina is the chalk on the morning line, Baffert trained Concert Tour is the second choice. Read More
- Top 2021 Stakes Races to Bet On From May 14th to May 15thUnless Stronach run Pimlico Race Course decides to deny Medina Spirit’s entry due to the Derby winner’s positive test for a banned drug, the Bob Baffert trained runner should gallop out of the Preakness starting gate one of the favorites. Take a look at more info on the May 15 Preakness Stakes as well as top-graded action at Pimlico on Read More
- 2020 Preakness Stakes Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Oct. 3rdThe final Triple Crown horse race of 2020 is here! Authentic, the Kentucky Derby winner, will offer underlay odds to take the final jewel of this year’s Triple Crown. But underlay odds doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t win the race. Will trainer Bob Baffert notch his eighth Preakness victory with the Derby winner? Or will one of Authentic’s rivals take Read More
- 2020 Preakness Stakes Early Expert AnalysisThe final Triple Crown horse race of the year happens on Saturday, October 3. Although Belmont and Travers winner Tiz the Law will skip the Run for the Blackeyed Susans to ready for the Breeders’ Cup Classic, Kentucky Derby winner Authentic will enter the starting gate. The Baffert trainee faces serious speed in filly Swiss Skydiver, though. Will Authentic prove Read More
- Preakness Stakes Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, October 3rdBob Baffert trained Authentic upset Tiz the Law to win the 220 Kentucky Derby. There’s no rest for either top 3-year-old as both will contend for the Preakness Stakes, the final jewel in this year’s COVID-19 affected Triple Crown. Will Tiz the Law turn the tables on his rival? Will Authentic make it two TC races in a row? What Read More
- Preakness Stakes Reddit Stream, Live 2019 Preakness 144 Pimlico Reddit Live StreamPreakness Stakes Reddit Stream 5:00pm to 7:00pm ET, Bet Preakness Live and all Pimlico races all 2019 Preakness Stakes Odds are available here. Preakness Stakes Reddit Stream, 2019 13th Race from Pimlico Live Reddit Stream The 144th running of the Middle Jewel of the Triple Crown from Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore. Live Streamer Links HD NBC | Television USA | Read More
- 2019 Preakness Stakes Betting StrategiesStrategies to win money on the Preakness Stakes are comparable to the strategies we published to win money on the Kentucky Derby. There some differences, though. Like all strategies, it’s important to do your research, pick the strategy that works for you and stick to it. Changing strategies the day of the race could lead to disaster. So be sure Read More
- 2019 Preakness Stakes Betting GuideCheck out the 2019 Preakness Stakes odds and picks at Pimlico Racecourse on Saturday that you can make that involve the second top race of the year. There are 14 races on Saturday’s card. The Preakness is Race 13. 2019 Preakness Stakes Betting Guide #WarofWill begins preparation for #Preakness144 Read more 👉 https://t.co/d3ejZsTDmN pic.twitter.com/RtAYuVJz6p — Preakness Stakes (@PreaknessStakes) May 9, 2019 Read More
- 2019 Preakness Stakes Trifecta, Superfecta and Exacta PicksThe Preakness Stakes takes place this Saturday on May 18. Check out our 2019 Preakness Stakes betting odds and trifecta, superfecta, and exacta picks. 2019 Preakness Stakes Trifecta, Superfecta, and Exacta Picks 2019 Preakness Stakes Event Info When: Saturday, May 18 Where: Pimlico Racecourse, Baltimore, MD TV: NBC Live Stream: Pilmico.com 2019 Preakness Stakes Betting Odds War of Will +280 Improbable +145 Read More
Recent Preakness Stakes News
- Posts not found
Preakness Stakes Odds | 2021 Preakness Stakes Betting Futures & Prop Bets
Taking place over the second oldest track in America, Pimlico Racecourse, the Preakness Stakes is the key race in the Triple Crown of Horse Racing. Everybody wants to win the Kentucky Derby. Every owner with a three-year-old that year has dreams of getting her horse to the most famous race in the world, but after they run the Kentucky Derby, only one can win the Triple Crown. Only one. And, that horse has to win the Preakness Stakes in order to move on for a chance at glory in the Belmont three weeks later.
Preakness racing is often times the forgotten race in the Triple Crown. Maybe, that’s because favorites do very well, but without a Preakness victory, the Kentucky Derby winner has no shot at taking home the Crown. At MyBookie.ag, we know that you’ll be paying attention to the Preakness Stakes and that’s why we do as well. We know that the Preakness is older than the Kentucky Derby, just like you do. We know that as a horse player, you understand the history that is the Second Jewel of the Triple Crown.
But we also know that you need a racebook that offers you Preakness betting odds and horse matchups on the race besides your everyday horse racing odds. In addition to offering wagering on the Preakness, we offer betting on over forty-five combined North American harness, quarter, and thoroughbred race tracks. If you want to make a wager on a specific track, it’s likely that you can through the MyBookie.ag Racebook! Create a betting account and see what we have to offer.
- Distance: 1 3⁄16 miles (9.5 furlongs)
- Record: 1:53.00, Secretariat (1973)
- Surface: Dirt
- Track: Left-handed
- Qualification: 3-year-old
- 2019: War of Will
- 2018: Justify
- 2017: Cloud Computing
- 2016: Exaggerator
- 2015: American Pharoah
- 2014: California Chrome
- 2013: Oxbow
- 2012: I’ll Have Another
- 2011: Shackleford
- 2010: Lookin At Lucky
- 2009: Rachel Alexandra
- 2008: Big Brown
1 3⁄16 miles (1.91 km) – 1:53 – Secretariat (1973)
Most Wins by a Jockey
6 – Eddie Arcaro (1941, 1948, 1950, 1951, 1955, 1957)
5 – Pat Day (1985, 1990, 1994, 1995, 1996)
3 – George Barbee (1873, 1876, 1883)
Most Wins by a Trainer
7 – Bob Baffert (1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2010, 2015, 2018)
7 – R. Wyndham Walden (1875, 1878, 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1888)
6 – D. Wayne Lukas (1980, 1985, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2013)
Most Wins by an Owner
8 – Calumet Farm (1941, 1944, 1948, 1949, 1952, 1957, 1958, 1968)
Margin of Victory
1:59.40 – Secretariat (1973)
Record Victory Margin
11 1⁄2 lengths – Smarty Jones (2004)
10 lengths – Survivor (1873)
9 3⁄4 lengths – Funny Cide (2003)
2021 Preakness Stakes Betting | MyBookie Online Racebook
Horse Racing Odds, Preakness Stakes from Pimlico Race Course
Horse Race Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest Horse Betting Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Great Customer experience
I have had a great experience with this site. Deposit and payout methods are fairly easy. Betting is pretty self explanatory as well. Anytime I’ve had any issues (and I’ve had a few due ti my own ignorance at times) customer service has been wonderful and extremely helpful.
Best Out there
Making picks is easy and intuitive. The website allows for easy withdrawals and payouts which process very quickly. I very much enjoy using this site over anything else.